Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Maybe- Just Maybe, I Want To Be Cinderella

9:20 AM by Subtle_Hints · 0 comments



 



I'm not really such a big fan of Cinderella. Among all Disney Princesses, she's definitely not high on my list of favorite characters. But today at exactly 1:04 am (Philippine time), I realized that maybe, just maybe, I want to be Cinderella. I want to have one magical night. One night where I can be whoever I want to be. One night that would last me a lifetime. One dance, one encounter, with my one true love.
I can list the reasons why I'm not a big fan of Cinderella, but sometimes, hers is  a story that every other girl dreams about. Freedom to be whoever you are. Courage to go and make your dreams come true. A chance encounter that can alter ones life.

We all want to be held by the arms of the prince we've dreamed about. To look deep into their eyes and realized that they too have been waiting to have this dance with us. And yet, even when the clock strikes twelve and we ran away from them, they chase after us, not wanting to let us go.


So no matter how much I deny it, deep in my heart there is a little girl that wants her Cinderella story too.


"She believed in dreams, all right, but she also believed in doing something about them.   When Prince Charming didn't come along, she went over to the palace and got him."   
  Walt Disney, speaking of Cinderella in 1949."


comments

0 Responses to "Maybe- Just Maybe, I Want To Be Cinderella"